Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Bangs!

There are a few things in this world that make me nervous (cats, the ocean, my first grade teacher, teenage girls, giant cows-particularly those that jump out at you when you’re on a peaceful bike-ride along the river, Jurassic Park …and the list goes on). However, I have found that sometimes my greatest joys have been in overcoming my nerves and, if not embracing them, at least confronting them. I live with a cat. I ride my bike when I’m home in Idaho despite the fact that a monstrous creature may suddenly pop out at me any second. I watched Jurassic Park for the first time in years the other day and although I almost peed my pants, I made it through the whole thing. As for my first grade teacher, she’ll always make me nervous…

Anyway, one of the things that tops my list of fear-producers are bangs. I don’t know why they make me so nervous. After all, my hair grows particularly fast, and if I hated them, they could be hidden for a few weeks while they turned into “side-swept bangs”, the safe alternative to going “all the way”. So, after trying all week to get Max to cut them (he didn’t think he qualified), I decided I would have to do it myself (I wasn’t about to pay $20.00 for someone to cut a straight line). So, for better or worse…bangs.


At least for the next few weeks…

3 comments:

  1. I love them Christie! Can't wait to see you in person with your new bangs. I have bangs too so we will be twinners in the hospital when I join you :) Love Karli

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally thought about getting bangs this week! I decided to just get highlights, but I paid for it...dearly. I forgot how much a salon cost!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well sista you pull them off verrryy well. it actually inspires me to get some again, maybe you'll have to come visit and cut them for me.

    ReplyDelete